[Geany-Users] Search in file with Keyboard

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Apr 27 00:22:31 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-26 05:05 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> By default Find Next is bound to `<primary>g`.  Menu->help->Keyboard
> Shortcuts shows a list of current keybindings.

Unfortunately that won't work as-is since the normal editor keybindings
aren't triggered when the Search dialog has focus, which it gets when
opened with Ctrl+F and keeps event after the Search dialog is activated
to find a match with the Enter key. To use it, you'd have to re-focus
the main window with Alt+Tab or whatever the environment uses for
switching between top-level windows.

For "Find Next" from the Search dialog, you could just keep hitting
Enter and it will find the next matches, for "Find Previous", you could
use Shift+Enter and it will do the same but backwards (same bindings as
the toolbar find entry).

The mnemonics, as James mentioned, are also usable and will trigger the
actual _Next and _Previous GUI buttons inside the dialog. The search
dialogs have mnemonic key bindings for most selectable GUI elements. I
believe some environments don't show the mnemonic bindings by default,
but pressing the Alt key should reveal them.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush