[Geany-Users] Snippet completion not working + is code, minimap planned?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Mar 11 02:15:11 UTC 2015

On 13-12-02 02:43 AM, Emil Brink wrote:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/geany-plugins/feature-requests
>

>> Minimap is actually not that hard to make, I started writing a plugin to
>> do this a while back but stopped working on it due to the fact that I find
>> it annoying and would never use it myself (I disable it in SublimeText2
>> even). If someone wants to work on it, I might be able to find the code I
>> started with.
>>

> I had a quick look at it yesterday too (it sounded interesting). One
> problem I ran into was that it seems pretty hard to add widgets to the
> notebook page of a document.
>
> How did you solve this in your attempt, where did you put the minimap
> widget(s)? Having one minimap widget per document tab seemed like the right
> solution to me, but it wasn't very easy to implement.

In the re-write I mentioned in previous message, I ended up just
hijacking each of the Scintilla widgets by removing them from their
parent container, and placing into a new horizontal box along with the
little mini zoomed out Scintilla and putting that back in place of the
previous Scintilla. It's definitively not an optimal solution and likely
to break with other plugins doing the same nonsense, but it works[0].

Cheers,
Matthew Brush

[0]: Unless you put the new Scintilla on the left, then Geany finds that
as its own and all hell breaks loose (will apply patch to Geany soon to
fix it).