[Geany-Users] 1.25 incorrectly detecting file changes

James Brierley jmb8710 at xxxxx
Fri Jul 24 15:37:45 UTC 2015

On 24/07/15 16:26, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Well I guess really the question is how do the times on the two
> machines compare?  Also how do the clocks on the two machines compare?

This is actually a good point from Lex. Is one of the two machines
running slightly slow? Check if an NTP client is installed on both of
them, and ensure that they are syncing from a reliable upstream server
(your site may have one, and even most home routers have NTP
functionality nowadays).

Computers with the time set wrong often end up confused (e.g.
https://community.ardour.org/node/8509) and I’ve run into this myself,
to the point that I almost always install NTP on new machines.

Give it a shot,

James

--
James Brierley
http://ppu8.co.uk/~james/

The key to solving the world’s problems is the
realisation that we cannot eat freedom.