[Geany-Users] 1.25 incorrectly detecting file changes

Tim Tisdall tisdall at xxxxx
Wed Jul 22 14:53:27 UTC 2015

On 22 July 2015 at 09:32, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> The new version does an extra check of the file status, so that the
> user gets the chance to decide to save or not if the buffer doesn't
> match the file on disk, even if the buffer is unchanged.  But that is
> before the save actually takes place, so I can't see how it could
> affect things, but who knows.

I get two different warnings...  If I save the file and then give that
file editor focus after 30 seconds, I get the "The file 'somefile.txt'
on the disk is more recent than the current buffer." warning.  If I
make a change to the file before the 30 seconds elapses and try to
re-save, I get a different warning that allows me to "overwrite" (so
it does another check just before saving).  ...eh..  I'm not sure if
that information helps, though.