[Geany-Users] 1.25 incorrectly detecting file changes

Tim Tisdall tisdall at xxxxx
Wed Jul 22 12:24:27 UTC 2015

On 21 July 2015 at 17:04, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> I've never heard of it. One thing you could try is to watch the files using
> `inotifywait` (in `inotify-tools` package) like:
>
>     $ inotifywait -m /path/to/a/file/in/question
>
> And see if it reports changes. Another way (since I don't think Geany uses
> inotify by default but rather just stat's the file), would be something
> like:
>
>     $ watch -n 1 stat -c '%y' /path/to/a/file/in/question
>
> And see if the timestamp changes when you do whatever stuff to the files. If
> it does change, it's expected that Geany would prompt you since the file
> actually changed (it would be a bug in your filesystem).

I'm on a different machine today, but I'll have to try this out on
Friday when I'm using the machine I upgraded on.

Is there any way to switch Geany to using inotify over stat?  I'm not
sure if that'd help, but worth a try.