[Geany-Users] Font too small

Ronald Fischer ynnor at xxxxx
Mon Jul 20 10:15:14 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015, at 15:35, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 17/07/2015 14:46, Ronald Fischer a écrit :
> > On Fri, Jul 17, 2015, at 14:37, Lex Trotman wrote:
> >> Seems the theme for GTK is set too small.
> >>
> >> You should be able to set those with the .gtkrc settings.
> >
> > Where do I have to create this file, so that Geany can find it? From the
> > file name, I guess it should go in my
> > "Home directory", but what is Geany assuming to by my Home on Windows?
>
> %UserProfile% I think.  Anyway, on Windows 8 you can put it in
> C:\Users\yourself\.gtkrc-2.0

I have Windows 7, but the C:\Users..... directory exists here too.

> Then there put something like this:
>
> # ugly theme, but font setting below don't seem to work with the
> # default non-ugly Windows one
> gtk-theme-name = "Raleigh"

Do I *have* to change the theme in the .gtkrc-2.0 file? I like Geany's
"Standard" color schema and would prefer not changing it.

> # and set the font you want
> gtk-font-name = "Sans 14"

I guess I have to put here a real font name from my system, right?. I
used Courier New instead, but still no change.

> How have you installed Geany?

>From the Geany website, running geany-1.25_setup.exe .

> GTK?

I'm not aware having ever installed GTK. I guess it comes bundeled with
Geany.

> Or maybe you have a HiDPI screen?

How can I find out? Isn't this term only be used with Apple's Retina
display? In any case, the laptop is already a few years old, and just
has the usual resolution, so I guess the answer is "no".