[Geany-Users] Font too small

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Jul 20 14:02:23 UTC 2015

Le 20/07/2015 12:15, Ronald Fischer a écrit :
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015, at 15:35, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>> […]
>> # ugly theme, but font setting below don't seem to work with the
>> # default non-ugly Windows one
>> gtk-theme-name = "Raleigh"
>
> Do I *have* to change the theme in the .gtkrc-2.0 file? I like Geany's
> "Standard" color schema and would prefer not changing it.

changing the GTK theme will not change the highlighting in the editing
area but the theme of the various UI elements.  E.g. instead of being
integrated with the Windows theme it'll be gray.

I guess the issue is that the default theme uses the Windows API to draw
components, and then ignores the custom font set only for GTK (as it
would use the ones set for Windows).

>> # and set the font you want
>> gtk-font-name = "Sans 14"
>
> I guess I have to put here a real font name from my system, right?. I
> used Courier New instead, but still no change.

"Sans" worked here as it's a virtual font meaning "the default
sans-serif font", but sure use whichever font you like.

But again, this doesn't work if using the GTK theme integrating with the
Windows theming system.

Regards,
Colomban