[Geany-Users] The future of the GeanyPrj plugin

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Fri Jan 30 21:22:30 UTC 2015

> The general principle that seems to have been established in the past
> is that plugins should remain until they break, or some major problem
> is found with them and nobody wants to fix it.

It doesn't break but just thanks to the fact I spent a significant amount
of time adapting it to the new tag manager API (and in not a very nice way
because if I did it properly, I'd have to rewrite half of the plugin) which
is the kind of work I'd like to avoid in the future. And because the code
is slightly messy and hard to follow, I can't promise I didn't break
anything (well, it seemed buggy already before my patches).

> In particular does 1) GeanyPrj write any project info and 2) does
> Project Organiser read that info.  If 1) and not 2) then its
> particularly important to keep it as long as its working (as well as
> it always did) so old project files can be used.

1. yes, 2. no (no plans for that).

In general I have no trouble keeping it in the plugins project, it's just
when we were talking about it with Frank and Matthew, they were inclined
towards removing it but suggested to ask on the mailing list which is what
I just did.

Cheers,
Jiri