[Geany-Users] Looking to contribute

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at xxxxx
Sun Dec 13 01:47:49 UTC 2015

Sujeet,

(Shall I call you Sujeet?)

Yes, I can supply more details, and we can take this off list if either you or
others on the list prefer.

I need to spend some time getting my head screwed on straight again as far as
the syntax and so forth go.

Just a little preliminary information:

   * A lexer / folder would actually be an addition to the Scintilla project,
which is what the Geany project uses for--well, I guess I'd call it the main
editing and display widget.

   * IIRC, there are at least three ways to write a lexer / folder for
Scintilla, one is as a native C/C++ module, one is in LUA, and I think there
is a third way.  I'd prefer to see it done as a native C/C++ module because I
assume (I know) that would execute faster.

There are two "styles" which have been used, one is as a C subroutine and the
other is as a C++ object.  (My terminology probably isn't exactly correct.)  I
would prefer that the C++ object approach be used, as that is the more modern
and I sort of hope it might also be faster (but I suspect it is not).

   * One of the main variations to the basic TWiki Markup language that I need
to handle is that I allow multiple TWiki records to exist in the same file,
You could consider the file to be basically an mbox email file with TWiki
records delimited by mbox From header, but with some restrictions placed on
it.

I'd like the lexing of the From header to be sufficient to confirm that the
header is valid, at least in the applications I use.

If I haven't yet scared you off, I'll go into more detail in my next email.

Randy Kramer