[Geany-Users] Help: python output console closing immedialtly

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Apr 2 05:14:09 UTC 2015

On 15-04-02 12:50 AM, Rajendra Prasad wrote:
> Hi!
>
>      I am using *geany 1.24* with *python 2.7* on *windows7*.
> *Problem:* When i execute the python program immediately after
> installation, It running good with out any problem. But if I execute after
> closing the Geany at least once, it first opens the windows command window,
> then asks permission to execute python. Then the program executes and two

When you say "asks permissions" do you mean that Windows UAC where the
screen goes dark and a dialog window opens to ask to elevate permissions?

> windows will be opened. One of it will close so fast that I can not read
> anything from it. the second window shows the message press enter to
> continue...........
>
>      When I have added, raw_input() at the end of the program, the first
> window stood still on successful execution of the program only, but not in
> the other instances.
>
>     I tried in interne to find solution. But I am not able to trace what has
> to be done.

It's not exactly clear to me what the problem is. Could you explain what
you expect to happen, and if possible attach (or pastebin) the script
you're running?

Cheers,
Matthew Brush