[Geany-Users] Problem with mouse copy/paste

janc at janc.es janc at xxxxx
Thu May 8 07:28:07 UTC 2014

El 14.05.08 16:42:53 > Lex Trotman dijo:

> >> Many people brought up on cut/copy to clipboard and paste do not seem
> >> to grasp that the selection is a *selection*, it is not copied to a
> >> clipboard.
> >>
> >> The applications that the bug reporters call "working" are doing the
> >> wrong thing and copying the selection to the CLIPBOARD or internally
> >> preserving it even after it is unselected.
> >>
> >> When the middle paste is used it pastes the PRIMARY selection, or if
> >> there is no selection pastes clipboard.  So the applications doing the
> >> wrong thing will paste (either from their own internal copy or from
> >> clipboard), but those doing the right thing won't.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> Lex
> >

> > Sorry but I don't understand your answer, I try to describe better the steps
> > to reproduce:
> >
> >  1) Select some text by *Left* clicking and move the mouse over the text,
> > then release the *Left* click [1]
>
> So some text is selected, usually it is highlighted.  It is *not*
> copied to the clipboard.
>
> >  2) *Left* click somewhere on the document, usually in the place you want to
> > paste
>
> Selection is removed, ***nothing*** is highlighted, ***nothing*** is selected.
>
> >  3) Click mouse wheel (middle click).
> >  4) nothing is pasted
>
> Because nothing is selected, see step 2.
>
> This is expected.
>
> Cheers
> Lex
>

> > is this the expected behavior?
> >
> > (not for me)
> >
> > [1] this is the way I usually select-copy text under X
> >
> > --
> > Alessandro Pasotti
> > w3:   www.itopen.it

I use to mark and paste as described below:

1- Select a text and let it selected.
2- Go with mouse cursor to any place of line before the end of line.
3- Click with wheel, but without clicking before with left mouse.
4- It insert the text where is the mouse cursor.

That is handy when working with programs.

Cheers.

--
Jose Angel Navarro Cortes
email: janc at janc.es