[Geany-Users] I want to run a c program on Prisoner's Dilemma in Geany but can't

Rajib Bandopadhyay bkpsusmitaa at xxxxx
Thu Jul 24 06:08:37 UTC 2014

Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at ...> writes:
[snipped]
> Scope requires Geany, glib/gtk+ and vte.
> Geany requires glib/gtk+ and suggests vte.

NOt only these but intltool as well. Installed intltool

> The only inaccuracy in the dependencies that I see is that the
> "required" glib/gtk+/vte versions are higher than what we really need,
> and that applies to both Geany and Scope. But Debian includes all
> "required" package versions, so there's absolutely no problem to
> install Geany or Scope.

Why glib is required when gcc (various versions) are already installed in
Knoppix?
There are so many installations required! This uses up my bandwidth.

You say Geany requires minimum dependence on the system, but to run the
source I find I have to install many packages.

It is getting difficult, you know, with my limited bandwidth.