[Geany-Users] I want to run a c program on Prisoner's Dilemma in Geany but can't

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Jul 23 10:38:35 UTC 2014

On 23 July 2014 20:13, Rajib Bandopadhyay <bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/07/2014, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snipped]
>> The Geany project does not provide any packages.  You should address
>> the questions about package problems to the packagers for the
>> respective distributions.
>>
>> The Geany source code is intended to be portable to any Linux/Windows
>> platform that has the appropriate dependencies.  The plugins in Geany
>> Plugins may have stricter requirements, that is up to the individual
>> developer.
> [snipped]
>
> Hello, Lex!
> I am not very conversant with how software developers of Collaborative
> Software test their 'source' before posting it for the community.
> There must be a system of specific configuration where the developers
> test their codes.
> Added to this is Geany's USP, "...Another goal was to be as
> independent as possible from a special Desktop Environment like KDE or
> GNOME - Geany only requires the GTK2 runtime libraries..."
> So how to add the said plugin with minimum fuss, and avoid its clash
> with my system?

You can either install from your distro's repositories, with questions to them.

Or you can compile from Geany and the plugin from source after
installing the appropriate dependencies.