[Geany-Users] Geany arm-none-eabi-gdb

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Feb 3 17:51:05 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2 Feb 2014 12:47:25 +0100
Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:

> is it possible to use geany to debug an ARM board with openocd
> and arm-none-eabi-gdb?

Scope is strictly a gdb/MI front end. AFAIK, neither the openocd
commands not their output is gdb/MI compatible.

> I tried the two GDB plugin but I couldn't understand how to configure gdb
> executable to point to the arm-none version.
>
> Any hint?

In Scope: Tools -> Configuration Files -> scope.conf, alter:

[scope]
gdb_executable=<your-gdb>

and save. For help: Tools -> Plugin Manager, select "Scope Debugger"
from the list and click on the Help button.

I plan per-program gdb executable and gdb settings someday.

--
E-gards: Jimmy