[Geany-Users] Tell Geany To Launch HTML Files In Mozilla Firefox on Xubuntu 14.04?

James Brierley jmb8710 at xxxxx
Mon Dec 8 22:22:32 UTC 2014

On 08/12/14 22:06, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Anyway, the default browser Geany uses is "firefox", but Ubuntu has a
> history of changing this default to something they want.

On my system it is set to ‘sensible-browser’ by default. The
sensible-utils facility is like the ‘lite version’ of the alternatives
facility.

I’m not entirely sure what relevance sensible-utils has versus the
alternatives system in the Debuntu world — it might be vestigal or it
might still do something that alternatives don’t. Either way, it’s
probably an upstream Debian change.

The best option is, as Colomban said, just to set it to x-www-browser
and use update-alternatives to configure that to Firefox, or just set
firefox directly. Of course, uninstalling Chrome is the obvious brute
force solution but I’m sure you want to test the HTML you are writing
across browsers.

Take care,

James

--
James Brierley
http://slippy.dynu.net/~james/

Depression is the name given to an illness caused by
one having a realistic view of the human race.