[Geany-Users] Creating a version of Geany for Microcontrollers

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Oct 31 03:54:33 UTC 2013

On 31 October 2013 13:44, lmx <lmx1 at sapo.pt> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I like a lot geany, it is very powerful, and simple, fast... ;)
>
> I think that it is the best candidate to be the base of a IDE for
> microcontroler's...
> As the beginning using SDCC(it start to support one MCU of my
> interest...STM8).
>
> I don't know how to start :S , I just downloaded the source code...I see
> that it is almost a C project ;)
> I need to change some things in the graphical fronted...I never played
> with gtk, or glade :(.
>
> And worst, I don't  know what files to change and where ...but i have
> compiled it successfully.

> Any description of the folder's in the role of geany ?

Hi,

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do.  The HACKING file provides some
guidance for adding a language which is the most common adaptation people
do.

Otherwise you need to ask specific questions.