[Geany-Users] Difficulty installing geany dev version

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Nov 10 15:48:06 UTC 2013

Le 10/11/2013 16:38, Frank Harrell a écrit :
> I have tried and tried to install a nightly bill or using ppa.  [ppa
> just keeps giving me 1.23.1; so does augmenting /etc/apt/sources.list
> with recommended deb commands].  When I get clone or download the git
> .zip file the install instructions say to run ./configure.  But there is
> no configure file in what I download the files.

When you get a Git version (and not a release tarball) you need to run
autogen first, see http://www.geany.org/Download/Git

> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found [and there is no ubuntu package by that name
> anyway]

You need the GTK+ development files like noted in the README under the
Requirements section, which is in the libgtk2.0-dev package on
Debian-like distros.  You'll also need automake and a C compiler (gcc).

Regards,
Colomban