[Geany-Users] Difficulty installing geany dev version

Frank Harrell f.harrell at xxxxx
Sun Nov 10 15:38:17 UTC 2013

I have tried and tried to install a nightly bill or using ppa.  [ppa
just keeps giving me 1.23.1; so does augmenting /etc/apt/sources.list
with recommended deb commands].  When I get clone or download the git
.zip file the install instructions say to run ./configure.  But there is
no configure file in what I download the files.

At one point I gut autoconf to create a configure file (maybe from
configure.ac??) but when running it I get

No package 'gtk+-2.0' found [and there is no ubuntu package by that name
anyway]

I have tried getting nightly builds of .deb files but have been unable
to find them on the recommended sites and wonder anyway about
compatibility with my xubuntu 13.10.

Frank