[Geany-Users] Creating a version of Geany for Microcontrollers

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Thu Nov 7 12:08:43 UTC 2013

Am 05.11.2013 06:41, schrieb Matthew Brush:
> On 13-11-04 09:14 PM, lmx wrote:
>> [snip]
>> Hi,
>> does you know if it's possible to add in some way the plugin GUI to the
>> right side of Geany, when it is loaded, without too much effort?
>>

> Not recommended...but you could reparent Geany's document notebook
> widget into your own GtkPaned and add your right-side panel in the 2nd
> spot and put your GtkPaned where Geany's document notebook was (see
> SplitWindow plugin for how its done). It's really brittle though and
> will probably break in short order as Geany's GUI layout changes or if
> other plugins do the same thing.

You could also reparent into another GtkNotebook such that you can use
tabs to switch between the panel and the all-documents-notebook. I think
some plugin in the past did that.

Best regards.