[Geany-Users] Creating a version of Geany for Microcontrollers

lmx lmx1 at xxxxx
Thu Nov 7 18:44:44 UTC 2013

On 07/11/13 12:08, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 05.11.2013 06:41, schrieb Matthew Brush:
>> On 13-11-04 09:14 PM, lmx wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> Hi,
>>> does you know if it's possible to add in some way the plugin GUI to the
>>> right side of Geany, when it is loaded, without too much effort?
>>>

>> Not recommended...but you could reparent Geany's document notebook
>> widget into your own GtkPaned and add your right-side panel in the
>> 2nd spot and put your GtkPaned where Geany's document notebook was
>> (see SplitWindow plugin for how its done). It's really brittle though
>> and will probably break in short order as Geany's GUI layout changes
>> or if other plugins do the same thing.
>
> You could also reparent into another GtkNotebook such that you can use
> tabs to switch between the panel and the all-documents-notebook. I
> think some plugin in the past did that.
>
> Best regards.

Hi ,
I am trying to integrate it in the right end of the editor...like what
happens in splitview plugin.
The board:mcu part will be integrated in the toolbar...

I think that major_ghz have talved about filetypes.asm...
I saw the file filetypes.asm, for avr, and i thing...that this could
help to introduce data in the plugin...is there more info for another MCU's?

How geany makes use of them?

regards
tux