[Geany-Users] setup custom server-side tags

Charles Johannisen charles.johannisen at xxxxx
Thu May 2 09:26:18 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 08:37, Lex Trotman wrote:

> On 2 May 2013 16:09, Charles Johannisen
> <charles.johannisen at tray-international.com
> <mailto:charles.johannisen at tray-international.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I would like to know how I can setup the syntax highlighter to
>     recognize a custom server-side tag like the PHP <? ?> or ASP <% %>
>

> This is done in the HTML Lexer (LexHTML.cxx) from the Scintilla
> project, which is written in C++, so you need to modify that to
> recognise your tags.
>
> Cheers
> Lex
>

>     Thanks

Thanks Lex

Just a pity it had to be in the source file and not in a config file so
that you don't have to compile everything all over again. Especially
since I installed it via apt-get. Anyway, it worked out fine.