[Geany-Users] Determining Geany's user space configuration directory under Windows XP and later

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Mar 17 21:58:33 UTC 2013

Le 17/03/2013 22:26, Codger a écrit :
> According to the Geany manual:
>
> The system path is the data subfolder of the installation path on Windows.
>
> The user configuration directory might vary, but on Windows XP
> it's: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\geany
>

> A Euphoria Programmer provided this information while commenting on
> program I wrote which
> installs versions of several files which enable Geany to support the
> Euphoria Programming Language:
>

>     Some updated info for Windows installs:
>

>     In my version of Windows, the actual path to the directory created
>     by geany is
>     C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\geany
>     *That path doesn't exist until geany is run once. You should tell
>     users to run geany once so it can write those default
>     files/dirs.* This way you can confirm that whatever path they
>     provide for installing these forms is correct.
>

>     The path to geany config files needs to be gotten from
>     getenv("APPDATA"), instead of getenv("HOME").
>     APPDATA can be used from Windows XP on up. On my Windows XP box, it
>     returns
>     C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data
>     On Windows 7 it returns
>     C:\The system path is the data subfolder of the installation path on
>     Windows.
>     The user configuration directory might vary, but on Windows XP it's:
>     C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application
>     Data\geanyUsers\Owner\AppData\Roaming\geany
>     The Windows file path code need only be this:
>     constant GEANY_DIR = getenv( "APPDATA" ) & SLASH & "geany"
>
> [...]

I'm not sure where the question is in your mail, but Geany uses
g_get_user_config_dir()+"/geany" to determine where to search/write
per-user configuration.  On UNIX systems it's based on XDG
specifications, and on Windows it uses some Windows stuff to determine
it.  See the docs for that function at
https://developer.gnome.org/glib/unstable/glib-Miscellaneous-Utility-Functions.html#g-get-user-config-dir
for details.

Regards,