[Geany-Users] No effect from using Tcl keyword list "expand"

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Jun 20 14:44:28 UTC 2013

On 13-06-20 06:10 AM, Arpit wrote:
> Hello
> I tried to add keys to the empty list "expand". However, this did not
> produce any highlighting effect for the keys. The styles I tried changing
> were "wordexpand" and "expand", but neither produced the desired effect,
> which is to have the keys under the "expand" list highlighted in a
> particular style.
> The aim of this exercise is to expand highlighting support for OpenSEES,
> which uses tcl as a front-end scripting language to generate and analyze
> structural models. I would like to add the OpenSEES specific commands under
> the "expand" list to highlight them in a different style from normal tcl/tk
> commands.
> I have tried the exercise using two methods: first define a custom
> filetypes.OpenSEES.conf, and second using a user-copy of filetypes.tcl. Does
> not work using either approach.

What Geany version are you using?

If 1.22 or newer...

Try changing the style of "keyword_4" named style in your colour scheme
(default one is at bottom of filetypes.common).

Although I don't know TCL at all and didn't actually test changing this
named style, the mappings all seem to be hooked up.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush