[Geany-Users] Auto-close plugin for brackets

Павел Рощин roshin at xxxxx
Thu Jun 13 11:40:51 UTC 2013

I made two patches. First patch adds all features into Geany. Second -
feature-rich plugin with configurable preferences. I was discused this
in IRC with b4n, we decided that it's better to have separate plugin
that's simpler to maintain. I could be this maintainer because I use
Geany for my work and I test its features much.

First patch:
https://github.com/scriptum/geany-patches

Second (plugin):
https://github.com/geany/geany-plugins/pull/106

For this plugin I sent pull request because nobody test it, nobody
know about it:) I hope this plugin will increase Geany's usability. I
noted that many people missing these features that they had in Eclipse,
NB, Kate, Sublime Text and so on. I just added these missed features.

I wait for ur feedback. Maybe one plugin that contains all
possible auto-closing code would replace currently scattered parts of
sourcecode if it is suitable enough. If it is I'm planning to add more
interesting capabilities to improve brackets handling.

Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:04:41 +1000 сообщение от Lex Trotman
<elextr at gmail.com>:

> On 13 June 2013 20:26, Павел Рощин <roshin at scriptumplus.ru> wrote:
>
> > Yes, of course, I there are similar functions in addons plugin, e.g.
> > selection enclosing. Geany has similar feature.
> >
> > Enclosing in addons plugin defenitely has bugs.
> >

> Patches are welcome :)
>

> > The idea is to make *one* plugin that does everything concerned with
> > autoclosing. Also this plugin substitutes autoclose feature in Geany
> > itself that works very strange too.
> >

> (simple) patches are welcome :)
>

> > Also there are some plugins I saw in IRC and ML but your team didn't
> > include them into Geany and noboby know about them.
> >

> I guess their devs didn't make a PR so its assumed that they didn't
> want to submit them.
>

> Cheers
> Lex
>

> > Sun, 09 Jun 2013 16:22:23 +0200 сообщение от Frank Lanitz
> > <frank at frank.uvena.de>:
> >
> > > Hi Pavel,

> > > Did you check the other plugins already providing some
> > > autoclosing of bracket etc? Is there maybe some place to
> > > consolidate solutions a bit? Just wondering as I don't see it
> > > very useful having 3 plugins doing pretty similar things inside
> > > one project.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Frank
> >

> > --