[Geany-Users] Sluggish (slow; transiently non-responsive) Geany?

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Wed Jul 24 06:24:18 UTC 2013

Am 24.07.2013 02:57, schrieb Lex Trotman:
> [...]
>

>     =============================================
>
>     THIRD: Geany (regular launch; 'Spell Check' plugin disabled
>     (deselected)): Working normally; no 'freezes'!  :-)  Very fast,
>     responsive (immediate) - heavy (intensive)  pastes/saves/deletes ...
>

> Ok, well, now the culprit is identified :)
>
> But it is still worthwhile getting the backtrace from GDB as I asked.
>  Since it doesn't happen here, that will provide some guidance for the
> plugin maintainer where to look.  Without that info he may not be able
> to recreate the fault to fix it.

He pasted the backtrace, you don't seem to read carefully these days :)
Anyway, it sat in poll() so I assume another thread causes the problems.

To the OP: Can you provide a backtrace for each thread when the freeze
problem occurs? To do this repeat the GDB procedure up to the point
where you enter bt. But instead of bt do this:

1) print the threads and their IDs: 'info threads'
for each thread:
   a) switch to thread with 'thread <ID>'
   b) print backtrace with bt

Best regards.