[Geany-Users] set working directory for debug

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Jul 11 16:49:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, 9 Jul 2013 07:08:54 -0500
"Drake, Johnathan" <johnathan.drake at mtsi-va.com> wrote:

> My simulation is a mixed language C++/FORTRAN.  In order to get a
> breakpoint in the C++ code, I had to right-click in the breakpoint
> window because the breakpoint button in the menu bar was greyed out.

Acknowledged. Debug -> Toggle breakpoint, and any keybinding to this
functon, should work properly too.

> Also, I cannot set a breakpoint in my FORTRAN code at all (at least
> by any method that I am aware of).  I can however break in the C++
> code where the FORTRAN is called and step-in although I can't use
> the locals or watch windows once into the FORTRAN code.

Acknowledged. You can try to switch to the other Fortran type, if that
doesn't mess the highlighting (I haven't noticed there are two).

The certain way to set any breakpoint disregarding the Scope rules is
to invoke Debug -> GDB Command and enter "break filename:line", "break
<function>", "-break-insert filename:line", or any other gdb syntax.
If your GDB is recent enough, the new breakpoint will be automatically
placed in the Breakpoints list. Otherwise, right click and Refresh it.

> Also when using scope, I am getting the following messages in the
> terminal window where geany was launched:
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_get_path: assertion 'iter != NULL' failed

Can you describe in brief the sequence of actions to get this message?

--
E-gards: Jimmy