[Geany-Users] set working directory for debug

Drake, Johnathan johnathan.drake at xxxxx
Tue Jul 9 12:08:54 UTC 2013

Thanks for the reply.  I have attempted to use Scope and although it does give me the working directory option, it doesn't seem to let me set break points in my code.

My simulation is a mixed language C++/FORTRAN.  In order to get a breakpoint in the C++ code, I had to right-click in the breakpoint window because the breakpoint button in the menu bar was greyed out.  Also, I cannot set a breakpoint in my FORTRAN code at all (at least by any method that I am aware of).  I can however break in the C++ code where the FORTRAN is called and step-in although I can't use the locals or watch windows once into the FORTRAN code.

Also when using scope, I am getting the following messages in the terminal window where geany was launched:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_get_path: assertion 'iter != NULL' failed

________________________________
From: users-bounces at lists.geany.org [users-bounces at lists.geany.org] On Behalf Of Dimitar Zhekov [dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:47 AM
To: Geany general discussion list
Subject: Re: [Geany-Users] set working directory for debug

On Mon, 8 Jul 2013 10:57:09 -0500
"Drake, Johnathan" <johnathan.drake at mtsi-va.com> wrote:

> How does one go about setting the working directory for use with the
> debugger plugin?

You can do that with the scope plugin Setup Program dialog.

> Also, is there a way to debug using the build settings?

In the same dialog, you can Import the second build Executable and
it's working directory, and set the command line arguments. If that
second Executable is just a file name, without any arguments and %
expansion, scope will reload it's debugging settings automatically
on startup or project open.

--
E-gards: Jimmy