[Geany-Users] add same text to multiple end of line

Gael Lafond lafond.gael at xxxxx
Mon Jul 1 09:20:15 UTC 2013

The regular expression is probably the best solution, but I would like
to add this one, in case it is more appropriate for what you are doing,
and also because it is easier to use for people that do not know regexp.

If all lines have the same length (same amount of text), you could use
the "Column Mode" from the "Extra Selection" plugin. You position the
cursor at the end of the first line, enable the "Column Mode" from the
"Tools > Extra Selection" menu, then you press Shift and arrow down
which make the cursor goes multiple lines:
(I use the character "|" to represent the text cursor)
aaa|
bbb
ccc
ddd

Shirt + Arrow down 3 times:
aaa|
bbb|
ccc|
ddd|

Then you type your text "ZZ" and it appear at the end of every selected
lines:
aaaZZ|
bbbZZ|
cccZZ|
dddZZ|

Don't forget to disable the "Column Mode" when you are done. It can be
quite annoying when you don't need it :)

Gael

On 29/06/13 17:03, Philippe Couas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am forget how to add same text at the end of lines.
>
> For example
>
> aaa
>
> bbb
>
> ccc