[Geany-Users] adding json support

Bob Furber burnsmicro at xxxxx
Sun Feb 24 22:43:46 UTC 2013

On 13-02-23 07:41 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
>> No change even after restarting my PC: Names are bold black, values are
>> normal black, numbers are green ..and filetypes.JSON.conf looks like
>> this:

I found it!!

For some reason, I had 2 filetypes.JSON.conf files:

     /usr/share/geany/filetypes.JSON.conf
and
    /root/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.JSON.conf

This seems to have come about because I accessed Geany in supervisor
mode to edit filetypes.JSON.conf.

In the meantime, I have merrily been editing
/root/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.JSON.conf, while Geany, accessed
in user mode uses /usr/share/geany/filetypes.JSON.conf.

> What are "names"?

Perhaps I am using Name inappropriately. What I mean is the lowest
element in a json file is a name:value pair (i.e.,
{"myVarName":"myVarValue"}). While not very important, I can see some
merit in differentiating the name from the value.

The only way I have found so far to differentiate names from values is
by setting lexer_filetype=YAML.

Thanks Matthew & Lex for all your help.

RF