[Geany-Users] adding json support

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Feb 24 03:41:10 UTC 2013

On 13-02-23 06:54 PM, Bob Furber wrote:
> On 13-02-23 06:38 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
>>> I cannot see any YAML styles in filetypes.JSON.conf:
>>>
>>>      [styling=C]
>>
>> Start Deleting lines here...
>>
>>> default=default
>>>      number=number
>>>      string=string
>>>      word=word
>>>      identifier=identifier,bold
>>>

>> ... And Stop deleting lines here
>>
>> That is what I meant.
>
> No change even after restarting my PC: Names are bold black, values are
> normal black, numbers are green ..and filetypes.JSON.conf looks like this:

What are "names"? AFAIK the only "names" in JSON are the names of
builtin identifiers like "true" and "false". Everything else is either
an aggregate type (list, dict/hashtable, etc), a quoted "string", or a
literal numeric value (like 1 or 1.2, etc). Maybe I misunderstood your
terminology or JSON specs?

>      [styling=C]
>
>      [keywords]
>      primary=true false null
>
>      [settings]
>      extension=json
>      lexer_filetype=Javascript

It might be that "Javascript" is not a valid lexer filetype, I've never
been clear on this. Perhaps you should use "C" or "CPP" or "C++" or
something (whatever makes it use Scintilla's LexCPP.cxx lexer). Maybe
someone more knowledgeable can confirm the correct one.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure it worked as in the original wiki entry, otherwise
I can't imagine why I'd have posted it.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush