[Geany-Users] adding json support

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Feb 20 20:49:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

Le 20/02/2013 20:46, Bob Furber a écrit :
> The Geany wiki provides instructions on how to add json support.
>
> But I have run into problems:
>
> - I cannot find |filetypes_extensions.conf|, the file I need to
> modify on my Linux Ubuntu system.

It may not already exist in your user config, but it's supposed to be in
~/.config/geany/.  You can also open it for editing using
Tools->Configuration files->filetype_extensions.conf from inside Geany.

> - I assume I deed to add the new filetypes.JSON.conf to the
> /usr/share/geany folder

No, this is the system path, to add a filetype for your user, add it in
~/.config/geany/filedefs/

Regards,
Colomban