[Geany-Users] How do I stop geany adding itself to the Cinnamon panel?

Peter Williams pwil3058 at xxxxx
Wed Feb 20 09:13:21 UTC 2013

On 02/20/2013 04:38 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> That is most likely to be something that your window manager does
> because of its own configuration, does it do it for other programs?

No, it doesn't.  All programs (including geany) get put in a "window
list" in the panel but that's different.

The extra geany things are like applets in that they have their own
popup menu.

> Or your Geany Fedora packager has configured something that causes it.

I doubt it.  I thought it might be a plugin but couldn't find one in the
list that looked likely.

Other programs (e.g. Virtual Machine Manager) do something similar but
usually have an option to turn it off.

> But as far as I know Geany does nothing directly to a window manager panel.

I've just run geany on another Fedora 18 Cinnamon machine and the
behaviour isn't occuring there so it's clearly an optional behaviour.
I'll have to keep looking I guess.  (It's only mildly annoying -- not a
catastrophe, so I can live with it.)

Thanks for your response,
Peter