[Geany-Users] "Project" alternatives? Tags?

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Wed Apr 17 12:08:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Within a second:
>>>
>>> 13:23:06: This is Geany 1.24 (git >= 235b861).
>>> 13:23:06: File
>>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/contrib/registration/registration.module
>>> opened(1).
>>> 13:23:06: File
>>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/contrib/registration/includes/registration.forms.inc
>>> opened(2).
>>> 13:23:06: File
>>> /home/harold/checkout/drupal7/sites/all/modules/contrib/flag/flag.module
>>> opened(3).
>>> 13:23:06: File
>>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/custom/XXXXmod/XXXXmod.module
>>> opened(4).
>>> 13:23:06: File
>>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/custom/XXXXmod/XXXXmod.install
>>> opened(5).
>>> 13:23:06: File /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/contrib/vppr/vppr.module
>>> opened(6).
>>> 13:23:06: File
>>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/features/XXXX_ct_page/XXXX_ct_page.info
>>> opened(7).
>>>

>> Hi Harold,
>>
>> None of the above are tags files, how long does it take to load
>> drupal7.php.tags?  And does that contain the tags for *all* the files that
>> gproject indexes?
>>
>> I do want to ensure that we are comparing like to like.
>
> The files above are from my last session and are loaded within a
> second. Geany also starts instantly end, of course, has all tags and
> calltips loaded after opening those 7 files.
>
> I will re-enable the Project plugin, move
> ~/.config/geany/tags/d7.php.tags and give Geany a reboot. Back in 10
> minutes! ;)

Re-opening the project: ~2 minutes
Closing Geany: ~2 minutes
Starting Geany: ~2 minutes

13:58:48: This is Geany 1.24 (git >= 235b861).
14:00:25: Project "D7" opened.
14:00:25: File /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/contrib/registration/registration.module
opened(1).
14:00:25: File /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/contrib/registration/includes/registration.forms.inc
opened(2).
14:00:25: File /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/custom/XXXXmod/XXXXmod.install
opened(3).

This is without any sites enabled, so there are exactly the same files
as the tags.

$ find . -type f -name '*.php' -o -name '*.module' -o -name '*.inc' -o
-name '*.install' -o -name '*.engine' | wc -l
2746

Adding websites in our Drupal distribution will add 1-2 minutes per
site when indexing them with Project, it even seems/feels to be
exponentially, but I can't prove that ... but I do remember something
about sorting the tags on each added tag?