[Geany-Users] "Project" alternatives? Tags?

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Wed Apr 17 11:44:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Well, you will have to address the speed of the project plugin to its
>> > developer, but if it has extra functionality I guess that could be part
>> > of
>> > why its slower.  I think it is scanning all the files in the project,
>> > finding the tags and adding them all to the tagmanager as if the files
>> > are
>> > open.  That could be part of the delay, but the maintainer would know.
>> >
>> > I checked with the expert on Geany's tags capability, and sadly none of
>> > the
>> > tags system knows the filenames, so it can't do goto definition.

>> > How long does it take to load the tags?
>>
>> Within a second:
>>
>> 13:23:06: This is Geany 1.24 (git >= 235b861).
>> 13:23:06: File
>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/contrib/registration/registration.module
>> opened(1).
>> 13:23:06: File
>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/contrib/registration/includes/registration.forms.inc
>> opened(2).
>> 13:23:06: File
>> /home/harold/checkout/drupal7/sites/all/modules/contrib/flag/flag.module
>> opened(3).
>> 13:23:06: File
>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/custom/XXXXmod/XXXXmod.module
>> opened(4).
>> 13:23:06: File
>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/custom/XXXXmod/XXXXmod.install
>> opened(5).
>> 13:23:06: File /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/contrib/vppr/vppr.module
>> opened(6).
>> 13:23:06: File
>> /home/harold/checkout/XXXX/modules/features/XXXX_ct_page/XXXX_ct_page.info
>> opened(7).
>>

> Hi Harold,
>
> None of the above are tags files, how long does it take to load
> drupal7.php.tags?  And does that contain the tags for *all* the files that
> gproject indexes?
>
> I do want to ensure that we are comparing like to like.

The files above are from my last session and are loaded within a
second. Geany also starts instantly end, of course, has all tags and
calltips loaded after opening those 7 files.

I will re-enable the Project plugin, move
~/.config/geany/tags/d7.php.tags and give Geany a reboot. Back in 10
minutes! ;)

-H-