[Geany] Cleaning up after Geany

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Sep 8 00:20:11 UTC 2012

On 12-09-07 03:13 PM, Shom wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am a inexperienced user with Geany. I primarily use it for C
> programming and  editing latex.
> I am wondering if there is a way to clean the different object/
> executable/ aux files created during compilation after I am done with my
> work.
>
> For users familiar with texmaker I am asking for something like
> "clean"-button inn Geany.

You can configure a build command and make it call "rm -f blah blah" to
delete those files. Then it will show up in the Build menu and toolbar
(under the button with the funny looking icon). Search the manual for
"build command" for more info on setting build commands.

Usually I write a little Make file for stuff like this so that the build
command just needs to call the appropriate Make file target (ie. in this
case something like "make clean").

Cheers,
Matthew Brush