[Geany] Remembering folding status with geanynumberedbookmarks plugin

daspostloch daspostloch at xxxxx
Mon Sep 3 12:33:30 UTC 2012

Hi Lex,

thanks for the reply

 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > is this feature actually working for anyone?
 > >
 > > I'm on arch linux and both tried the latest packages
 > > of geany and geany-plugins providing 1.22 as well as
 > > the git variants which currently provide
 > >
 > >> geany --version
 > > geany 1.23 (git >= 66b93d2) (built on Sep  2 2012 with GTK 2.24.11,
GLib
 > > 2.32.4)
 >
 > Your test file works for me, are you sure you turned the plugin on?

Yes, I'm absolutetly positive - turning it on and trying directly,
restarting geany, rebooting, re-installing, recompiling, nothing
helps. Because I can set and then go to the numbered bookmarks,
I am quite certain that I have the plugin turned on. Is there any way
to further debug this? I also noted however, that neither the numbered
nor regular bookmarks are remembered between sessions, neither. So it
probably is a general problem saving this plugin's settings. This
is my ~/.config/geany/plugins/Geany_Numbered_Bookmarks/settings.conf :

[Settings]
Center_When_Goto_Bookmark=true
Remember_Folds=true
Position_In_Line=0
Where_To_Save_File_Details=0
Remember_Bookmarks=true
File_Details_Suffix=.gnbs.conf

Motivated from here
http://geany-plugins.sourceforge.net/geanynumberedbookmarks.html , I
then tried to track down
the file where the settings are supposed to be saved, but
I never found anything, neither when saving the file details
to the geany plugin config folder nor when saving to the
same directory as the file.

This is my ~/.config/geany file tree:

  > ls -aR
.:
.   c99.tags	  filedefs		    geany.conf	 geany_socket_hostname__0
html_entities.tags  pascal.tags  plugins	snippets.conf  templates
..  colorschemes  filetype_extensions.conf  geany.glade  GPL-2
keybindings.conf    php.tags	   python.tags	tags	       ui_toolbar.xml

./colorschemes:
.  ..  alt.conf

./filedefs:
.  ..  filetypes.c  filetypes.cmake  filetypes.common  filetypes.cpp
filetypes.latex  filetypes.README

./plugins:
.  ..  addons  geanyLaTeX  Geany_Numbered_Bookmarks  spellcheck

./plugins/addons:
.  ..  addons.conf

./plugins/geanyLaTeX:
.  ..  general.conf

./plugins/Geany_Numbered_Bookmarks:
.  ..  settings.conf

./plugins/spellcheck:
.  ..  spellcheck.conf

./tags:
.  ..

./templates:
.  ..  bsd  changelog  fileheader  files  function  gpl  templates.README

./templates/files:
.  ..  file.html  file.php  file.rb  file.tex  main.c  main.cxx  main.d
  main.java  main.py  main.vala	program.pas

Note that I set some numbered bookmarks on files within this
tree, so the state saving files should show up in the tree
regardless of the save location option settings.

As an additional oddity, the markers from the plugin do not
honor any of the marker_* colors i set in filetypes.common .

Happy to try whatever debugging method you guys suggest.

Thanks again,
Paul