[Geany-Users] Orange too bright a default color for strings

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:50:07 UTC 2012

On 26 October 2012 22:36, Lee Gold <leegold at operamail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The default syntax highlighting orange color for strings IMO makes
> things hard to see.
> Again, the default for many languages is bright orange!?
>
> I continue to wish for a built-in GUI to easily change hi-lite colors.
> What is the aversion to this? Is it a purist thing, like emacs users
> wanting to have you config it in LISP?
>
> Geany is great IMO because it breaks away the traditional drudgery of
> *nix editors and let's me concentrate immediately on programming on my
> project - *not* spending time on learning an arcane config process for
> an arcane editor.

Hi Lee,

There is no "aversion" to a GUI for editing highlighting colours, but
there are a lot of settings and it would be a big GUI.  Its just that
all developers are volunteers and nobody has felt the need for it
strongly enough for them to place it above other things they want to
do.  Particularly given the size of the effort involved.

But if someone wants to contribute it, that would be fine.

Since the colour scheme config files are stand alone files there is no
reason that the GUI could not be a standalone application, allowing
someone to implement it in their preferred language if they were not
expert in GTK/C.