[Geany-Users] [Geany] other small annoying issues in geany editor

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 08:26:24 UTC 2012

2012/10/5 Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com>:

> On 5 October 2012 23:00, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> since I switched to Geany as my main code editor, I feel there are two
>> other minor issues:
>>
>> Search copy on Linux
>>
>> 1. do a text search in a file
>> 2. keep the search dialog open
>> 3. select one or more lines dragging the mouse with left button pressed
>> 4. close the search dialog
>> 5. paste the selected text by pressing the central mouse button
>> 6. nothing happens
>>

> This works for me on current Git.

Sorry, I forgot one piece:

-1. select a word with the mouse double click,
0. copy it with CTRL+C
1. do a text search in a file
2. keep the search dialog open
3. select one or more lines dragging the mouse with left button pressed
4. close the search dialog
5. paste the selected text by pressing the central mouse button
6. the first word (selected with CTRL+C) is pasted instead of that
selected with the mouse

>> Copy $ vars on Linux
>>
>> 1. double click on a $ var, like $varname
>> 2. paste  by pressing the central mouse button
>> 3. the $ is not pasted but only the "varname" part
>>

> Only varname is selected so thats all that is pasted.  This is a function of
> the definition of what is a word to be selected by the double click.

Yes, it's clear to me that the $ is not selected, I'm asking why.

What I mean (and all KDE-based editors behave like that) is that the $
sign IS part of the (variable) word, and I normally want to copy that
too.

Thanks.

--
Alessandro Pasotti