[Geany] [Geany-devel] Incompatible UI change, removal of actions from ctrl-click

Davide Andreoli dave at xxxxx
Tue May 29 13:39:57 UTC 2012

2012/5/29 Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com>:
> On 29 May 2012 02:45, Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 May 2012 17:25:19 +0200
>> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I also think that if we want to keep a mouse binding for "go to tag", we
>>> could choose something less common -- Ctrl+Alt, Super, whatever uncommon
>>> modifier.  Do we want to keep one?
>>
>> Maybe Alt+Click under *nix, and either Alt+ or Ctrl+ Click under
>> Windows, depending on which modifier does rectangle selection. In my WM
>> Alt+Click triggers move window, but after a short timeout.
>
> As you say alt+click is used by window managers so thats not
> appropriate (even if it has a timeout, hesitation will cause different
> behavior).
>
> IMHO no Geany function is *so* important that it should be exclusively
> bound to mouse clicks, potentially blocking something else, so I don't
> think we should keep such a binding.

agree on both

>>> Finally, although it's probably obvious, the multi-select feature should
>>> have a keybinding.
>>
>> Cursor movement clears at least the primary selection, and multicursors
>> clears all selections on arrow. Since the keyboard navigation is
>> problematic, I'm not sure how useful a keybinding will be.
>
> The HIG defines ctrl-<cursor key> to move the cursor without modifying
> the selection, but unfortunately Scintilla binds these to move by word
> :(  If that was fixed it would work ok.
>

>> --
>>
>> On Fri, 25 May 2012 20:50:41 +0200
>> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>>
>>> IMO Replace and Toggle Case must be updated to work properly.
>>
>> On Sat, 26 May 2012 10:59:46 +1000
>> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just document them to only work on single selection would be ok.
>>
>> Or block them for now if multiply selections exist?
>> SCI_GETSELECTIONS.
>
> Maybe, but then how do you tell the user? dialog? etc IMHO it gets too
> much code for too little return.

i just updated "replace in selection" to correctly handle multiselections,
it's on my enable-multislection branch

...but still i cannot find the "toggle case" command :/

davemds