[Geany] Discussion with Zhenech, list of suggestions for geany

Andrei Kopats hlamer at xxxxx
Thu May 3 11:27:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

no reason to continue discussion about geany, just fixing few
misunderstandings about mksv3...

> Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 10:09:04 +1000
> From: Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Geany] Discussion with Zhenech, list of suggestions for
>

> > 6. When searching in directory, mksv3 shows tree with matches,
> highlighted
> > with yellow. It is much more readable, than dumped grep output in Geany
>
> Who cares about the files that didn't match, waste of space.  And its
> not just a raw printout, if you click on a line from the output you go
> to that line in the editor, opening the file if needed.  It is find
> *in* files, not "find files", much more useful.

Why do you think we show not matched files?
 http://hlamer.github.com/mksv3/screenshots/search-replace.png

> > 11. Geany uses main menu to switch current file indentation mode. IMHO
> it is
> > better to use status bar button, which is both indicator and switcher. I
> > spend about 1 min to find item in the main menu and now don't remember,
> > where it is located.
>
> Practice, I can't find anything in your IDE either :)

Did you check MkS (http://monkeystudio.org, apt-get install monkeystudio)
or mksv3 (https://github.com/hlamer/mksv3)

Terrible name though :)  (seriously you might find that a problem in
> the long term)

This is "working name" for internal releases. Project will get it's name
before making first public release.

Regards,
Andrei