[Geany] Help with custom compiler

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jul 19 05:59:37 UTC 2012

On 19 July 2012 15:32, Laszlo Nagy <gandalf at shopzeus.com> wrote:

>>>   * How to distinguish errors from warnings? I was reading the
>>>     [build-menu] but I could only find some examples. It was not clear
>>>     how to do it.
>>

>> You can write a regex for what you need in the "Error regular expression"
>> text box in the Build Commands configuration. I think you can also store the
>> regexp in the `filetype.yourlanguage` file.
>>
>> Docs:
>> http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#build-menu-configuration
>
> Yes, I was aware of this. As I said, *i was reading the [build-menu]*. The
> question was: how to distinguish errors from warnings and notices? I would
> like Geany to display errors in red, warnings in blue and notices in green.
> Is that possible? Unfortunately, the link you sent says nothing about this.

No this isn't possible, the regexes, or in their absence the built-in
tests, just distinguish between a message that indicates a file and
line number that Geany can jump to, and any other message.  The
purpose is to recognise the file and line information, not really to
separate types of messages.  The colour of messages is just to
indicate that you can click on them or not.