[Geany] Help with custom compiler

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jul 19 00:45:37 UTC 2012

On 19 July 2012 06:23, Laszlo Nagy <gandalf at shopzeus.com> wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> I'm developing a new language, and I would like Geany to handle it. It has a
> compiler which is a pyhon program. I could use this custom build command
> under linux:
>

> python /whatever_path/compiler.py "%f"
>
> and it works. However, under windows this custom build command:
>
> C:\Python27\python.exe c:\whatever_path\compiler.py "%f"
>
> does not work. When I press F8 then Geany starts python.exe (I can see it
> from the task manager). Then it takes a long time before it responds,
> telling that the compilation failed.

This is not clear if the compiler actually does not run or if it runs
and takes a long time and then gives an error?

What error (if any) do you get from python?

Try if it will run a "hello world" python program located in the same
place as the compiler, see if the -vv option provides any info.

 If I start the very same command line