[Geany] Help with custom compiler

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at xxxxx
Wed Jul 18 20:23:22 UTC 2012

   Hello,

I'm developing a new language, and I would like Geany to handle it. It
has a compiler which is a pyhon program. I could use this custom build
command under linux:

python /whatever_path/compiler.py "%f"

and it works. However, under windows this custom build command:

C:\Python27\python.exe c:\whatever_path\compiler.py "%f"

does not work. When I press F8 then Geany starts python.exe (I can see
it from the task manager). Then it takes a long time before it responds,
telling that the compilation failed. If I start the very same command
line in a terminal (cmd.exe) then it runs within 0.1 sec.

What can be the problem?

My other question is about interpreting the output of my compiler - but
first I would like to be able to use it under Windows.

Thanks,

    Laszlo