[Geany] Ruby/Rails - strange syntax highlighting problem, help !

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Jan 21 02:02:45 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 01/20/2012 05:41 PM, darek wrote:
>>
>> I just spent hours on problem relating to Ruby/Rails sytnax highlighting
>> in
>> Geany. It looks very strange. See here:
>> It seems to be problem with regex rules for pairs<...>,</...>  , %=...%= .
>> http://geany-users.466218.n3.nabble.com/file/n3677063/zrzut.png
>> Does anybody know what and where can I change to make syntax highlighting
>> more suitable?

The lexing is done in C++ code, not regexes, in Scintilla LexRuby.cxx
(if your filetype is Ruby) or LexHTML.cxx (if your filetype is HTML).

> Have you tried setting the filetype to HTML?  I'm not sure it highlights
> embedded Ruby code, but it should highlight the HTML correctly.

Ruby does not support embedding HTML nor HTML support embedded ruby AFAICT.