[Geany] How to define autocomplete trigger and question about calltip appearance

klo uo klonuo at xxxxx
Sun Feb 26 03:47:49 UTC 2012

I want to transfer custom .api file created for SciTE to Geany .tags file

I changed the file to confirm to Tagmanager format as described in
documentation

Here is example part:
dialog.hr||( dlg )|Draws a horizontal separator across the dialog
dialog.label||( dlg, text )|Adds some informative text to the dialog
dialog.new||( title, buttons )|Creates a new dialog object

1. Now autocomplete drop-down menu appears after typing 4-th character and
I don't see setting to make . (dot) be autocomplete trigger. In SciTE
property this can be defined with:

    autocomplete.$(filetype).start.characters=.

Is it possible to make this in Geany?

2. Calltip doesn't appear after I open bracket as I expected

Why could that be?