[Geany] Defining syntax coloring for 'expect'

Fischer, RonaldX O ronaldx.o.fischer at xxxxx
Mon Apr 16 08:43:55 UTC 2012

> On 13 April 2012 22:59, Fischer, RonaldX O
> <ronaldx.o.fischer at intel.com> wrote:
> > I would like to have Geany recognize my scripts written in Tcl/Expect,
> to do
> > syntax highlighting according to the Tcl syntax rules.
> >
> > These scripts all start in my case with
> >
> >  #!/usr/bin/expect -f
> >
> > and have no file extension.

> The #! line associations are hard coded unfortunately, but another way
> is to explicitly mark the file as Tcl so it will be recognised by the
> extract filetype regex.
>
> The default regex looks for -*-Tcl-*- on the first two lines, so
> putting that in a comment on line two should do the trick.

Unfortunately, this did not work. Here is how I tried:

(1) I created a new file (File/New)

(2) I wrote the following two lines:

#!/usr/bin/expect -f
# -*-Tcl-*-   (for Geany)

(3) I saved the file (filename: dummy1 (no extension)).

Still, Geany shows the filetype as "None".

Ronald