[Geany] I can run programs

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Thu Nov 10 19:13:27 UTC 2011

Hi Sylvia,

Am Donnerstag, den 10.11.2011, 14:00 -0300 schrieb Sylvia Sánchez:
> Hello
>
> I'm programming in C using Geany.  It creates well the object but
> Geany doesn't run the program.  Usually it doesn't create an
> executable neither.

Geany differs between compiling and building and program. Compiling the
program usually just translates the C code into a binary object file
(*.o file), building the C code usually generates a fully executable
file.

You can see that in the build menu, where you have different options:

    Compile (F8)
    Build (F9)
    Execute (F5)

(Not sure if my keybindings are the default)

So if you want to generate an executable and then run it you would
choose Build and after that Execute or Press F9 and then F5.

Hope this helps you so far,
Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D