[Geany] Setting environment variables in a project file

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed May 25 00:45:57 UTC 2011

On 25 May 2011 10:38, Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d at gmail.com> wrote:
> One nice feature would be the ability to set environment variables in
> a project file.  Specifically, I have 2 MinGW compilers (32-bit and
> 64-bit) on my system, both of which have gcc.exe/g++.exe.  What would
> be nice would be the ability to create a project that sets PATH
> accordingly so that I could have a specific project / compiler.
>
> Is there any way to do this with existing functionality?
>
> thank you,

Hi again, how would the project know which PATH to set?

Instead you could have two project files, one called
my_world_domination_project_32_bit.geany and one
my_world_domination_project_64_bit.geany with different commands in
them.

Otherwise use the hidden preference to increase the number of commands
and have both sets (clearly labeled) in one project.