[Geany] Setting environment variables in a project file

Chris Sutcliffe ir0nh34d at xxxxx
Wed May 25 01:11:13 UTC 2011

Hi Lex,

On 24 May 2011 20:45, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 25 May 2011 10:38, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> One nice feature would be the ability to set environment variables in
>> a project file.  Specifically, I have 2 MinGW compilers (32-bit and
>> 64-bit) on my system, both of which have gcc.exe/g++.exe.  What would
>> be nice would be the ability to create a project that sets PATH
>> accordingly so that I could have a specific project / compiler.
>>
>> Is there any way to do this with existing functionality?
>
> Hi again, how would the project know which PATH to set?
>
> Instead you could have two project files, one called
> my_world_domination_project_32_bit.geany and one
> my_world_domination_project_64_bit.geany with different commands in
> them.

That's exactly what I would like to do (I guess I didn't explain
myself well :) ).  How do I set up the projects such that they call
the appropriate gcc/g++?

Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org
http://www.google.com/profiles/ir0nh34d