[Geany] Thanks for Geany newsletter - volume 2

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue May 24 16:21:30 UTC 2011

Le 24/05/2011 06:52, Lex Trotman a écrit :
>> BUT:
>> Inside Lex's version there was the command \setcounter{secnumdepth}{0}
>> which is telling to don't put any section numbering in levels below
>> level 0 (so complete document). Setting this to 3 is giving a numbered
>> result -- which is what we were talking about and quiet confusing me.
>> Also they don't use the *-version of sections commands in this case. A
>> bug inside rst2latex or just in my brain? Having a look inside man page
>> (10.04 Ubuntu) its telling me this:
>>
>>       --section-numbering
>>              Enable section numbering by Docutils.  (default)
>>
>>       --no-section-numbering
>>              Disable section numbering by Docutils.

Well, looks like the Docutils numbering don't work, and that
--no-section-numbering works as expected: removes sections numbering.
However, it don't seem possible to really easily have LaTeX section
numbering.

>> Maybe I just misunderstood this whole stuff?
>>

> Hi Frank,
>
> I havn't had time to try anything else, but I did find this page which
> I havn't seen before.  It says the to set the secnumdepth using a
> Latex stylesheet (see section numbering part).
>
> In general it seems to cover more of using rst with latex.
>
> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/latex.html

Hey, good link! Looks like (part of) the hackish sed stuff I did may not
be useful. Frank, is there a way to put the TOC on it's own page without
manually adding \newpage after \tableofcontents ? if yes, I could drop
the sed stuff in favor to either a stylesheet or the template.

Cheers,
Colomban